A Sapienza’s Research Infrastructure to Transfer Technological
SAPeri&Co. is a research and service infrastructure of the Sapienza University of Rome, whose aim is to promote outstanding applied research and to support innovation by offering a variety of services to companies and industries. SAPeri&Co. is organized as a hub model that connects different laboratories and expertise. The headquarter is located inside the main University Campus, inside the building Palazzina Tumminelli.
SAPeri&Co promotes and encourage synergies
Inside the University
- by supporting the most notable researchers giving them access to interdisciplinary activities and advanced tools;
- by training the most outstanding students for their future jobs applying networking strategies that connect the students with companies and industries.
Outside the University
- by creating a space for encounter and exchange in between Public Research and Private Companies;
- by giving access to advanced know-how and a variety of research fields to public and private companies and institutions.
SAPeri&Co.’s activities focus on high qualification strictly bonded to our local tradition and the Made in Italy, heading towards strategic local outstanding sectors: Cultural Heritage, Bioscience, Aerospace, Renewable Energies together with Sapienza’s distinguished research fields such as Design, User Experience, Archeology, Engineering, Medicine among many others.
SAPeri&Co is a project promoted by Sapienza University of Rome, whose aim is to constitute a comprehensive infrastructure of Research, Innovation and Education, following the European model of Research Infrastructures, to support:
- multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise;
- innovation and technological transfer;
- the collaboration between the Academia and the productive fabric;
- the creation of new entrepreneurship;
- the enhancement of Sapienza’s excellence and values, both nationally and internationally;
- a collaborative network of laboratories from different University Departments.
Pursuing the goal of contributing to a competitive development of Sapienza University, SAPeri&Co’s main activities focuses mainly on the Lazio Region and Made in Italy’s highly relevant specialized fields of production and research, preeminently working towards the sectors that show a major response to new digital manufacturing technologies.
SAPeri&Co’s specialized fields reflect the Lazio Region and Southern Italy main vocation, that defines the following strategic sectors:
- Cultural Heritage;
- Renewable Energies.
SAPeri&Co’s mission also focuses on enhancing Sapienza’s excellence working with particular attention in the area of Design, Cultural Heritage, Economic and User Experience.