Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence
European and Eurasian Studies Program
This project has received funding from the European Commission under the grant “Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence” The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence seeks proposals for its curriculum development grant to enhance the study of the European Union by creating EU-focused courses or infusing knowledge of the EU into university curricula.
We are particularly interested in broad-impact proposals including, but not limited to:
- Teaching workshops for faculty in professional schools
- The production of pedagogical materials in support of efforts to internationalize curricula
- Faculty learning communities
- Administrative reviews identifying and implementing the cross-listing of courses with EU content.
For recipients for our South Florida network, we issue a lump-sum one-time payment. In addition, we fund faculty efforts to create new courses on the European Union or infuse existing courses with at least 50 percent EU content. Resulting publications should be made available online at the Center’s “Knowledge Portal” website. All funded activities need to be concluded with receipts submitted, by August 14, 2020.
- Proposals should be no more than 800 words including a budget
- Full-time faculty at the following institutions are eligible to apply:
- Florida International University (FIU) – University of Central Florida (UCF) – University of North Florida (UNF) – Florida Atlantic University (FAU) – University of South Florida (USF)
- One Faculty Curriculum Development Award of $1,500
- Friday, March 6, 2020
- Awards will be announced no later than March 16, 2020
- Please submit proposals electronically to Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at [email protected]