National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Purpose: The NIH Research Education Program (R25) supports research education activities in the mission areas of the NIH. The over-arching goal of this NIDDK Research Education R25 program is to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the nation’s biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs. To accomplish this goal, this FOA will support creative educational activities that propose the development of novel curricula or methods in the research areas relevant to the NIDDK.
- Eligible Individuals (Program Director/Principal Investigator): The PD/PI should be an established investigator in the scientific area in which the application is targeted and capable of providing both administrative and scientific leadership to the development and implementation of the proposed program. The PD/PI will be expected to monitor and assess the program and submit all documents and reports as required.
- Number of Applications: Applicant organizations may submit more than one application, provided that each application is scientifically distinct. The NIH will not accept duplicate or highly overlapping applications under review at the same time. This means that the NIH will not accept:
- A new (A0) application that is submitted before issuance of the summary statement from the review of an overlapping new (A0) or resubmission (A1) application.
- A resubmission (A1) application that is submitted before issuance of the summary statement from the review of the previous new (A0) application.
- An application that has substantial overlap with another application pending appeal of initial peer review (see NOT-OD-11-101).
- Letter of Intent: N/A
- Application Receipt Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Award Amount: Budgets are limited to $100,000 per year in direct costs.
- Project Period: Five years