Teodoro Valente former Deputy Rector of the Sapienza University in Rome and a distinguished member of the International Advisory Board of the Miami Scientific Italian Community, has been appointed as the new Director of Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials (IPCB) – National Research Council of Italy (CNR)
The Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials (IPCB) is the main research institute of the National Research Council (CNR) dedicated to the development of polymeric materials, composites and biomaterials, as well as biomacromolecules, green chemistry and chemistry for life sciences. Through a multidisciplinary approach, transversal skills are integrated, from synthesis to processing up to the validation in the relevant environment of innovative materials that are able to respond to the technological, economic, and environmental challenges in modern society.
The research activities of the Institute of Polymers, Composites and Biomaterials (IPCB) are:
- Polymers, Composites and Nanostructures (natural and / or synthetic) with engineered structural and functional properties;
- Multi-phase polymers, nanomaterials and nanostructures (natural and / or synthetic) for • Tissue engineering, • Regenerative / therapeutic medicine, • Drug delivery, • Biointerfaces, • Bioprinting;
- Structural characterizations of glycoproteins for the identification of biomarkers;
- Synthesis, functionalization, modeling and advanced characterizations of polymer-based materials;
- Advanced and sustainable transformation technologies of polymers, composites and nanostructures. Additive technologies;
They are organized into three main research platforms such as Sustainability, Advanced Materials, Health and Nanomedicine.