National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- Purpose: The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) announces the availability of funds for Administrative Supplements to NIGMS-funded predoctoral T32 training grants. These funds are designed to provide support for the development and implementation of curricular activities aimed at a) providing graduate students with a strong foundation in research design and methods in areas related to conducting reproducible and rigorous research and b) broadening training to better prepare students for research careers in a variety of venues, such as industry, government, or entrepreneurial enterprises.
- Eligible Individuals (Program Director/Principal Investigator): For supplements to parent awards that include multiple PDs/PIs, the supplement may be requested by any or all of the PDs/PIs (in accordance with the existing leadership plan) and submitted by the awardee institution of the parent award. Do not use this administrative supplement application to add, delete, or change the PDs/PIs listed on the parent award. Visit the Multiple Program Director/Principal Investigator Policy in the SF424 (R&R) Application Guide for more information.
- Number of Applications:Applicants must have an NIGMS-funded predoctoral T32 training grant that will be active at least through June 30, 2017.
- Only one application per institution (normally identified by having a unique DUNS number or NIH IPF) will be accepted.
- For institutions with 2 or more NIGMS predoctoral training grants, it is expected that faculty on these grants will cooperate to develop curricula that are broadly applicable to trainees at their institution. The applicant institution must select one training grant, and the request for supplementary funds must be submitted by the institution on behalf of the PD(s)/PI(s) of this training grant.
- Letter of Intent: N/A
- Application Receipt Date(s): April 30, 2015
- Award Amount: Application budgets are limited to no more than $80,000 direct costs in Training Related Expenses, and must reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
- Project Period: The project and budget periods must be within the currently approved project period for the existing parent award.